How to Promote Your Event
Guidelines for Public Service Announcements (P.S.A.) and Promotions
In an effort to assist in promoting and planning events, we have put together the following guidelines. Please feel free to use them as a tool to help in the planning of your event.
There are two sections below. The first is for Public Service Announcements only. The second section is for a more detailed promotion of an event or concert. Please read both carefully and let us know how we can partner with you in promoting your event.
P.S.A. - Public Service Announcements
If your church or non-profit organization has an event coming up, we can include it on the Events Calendar of this website and with on-air announcements. Generally, approved announcements will air one to two times a day for about a week prior to the event. We would ask that the event be submitted at least two (2) weeks before the event. Complete the form at the bottom of this page to easily submit an event. In addition, you may submit an event by entering your information here. Faxes and by mail are also permitted.
Some notes regarding P.S.A.'s follows:
- All P.S.A.'s should be submitted a minimum of two weeks in advance of the event...the more time, the better. (If promoting a concert or large event, please see next section below.)
- Basic information is required. Remember the 5 W's: Who, What, When, Where, and Why. Most important, the information must be submitted in writing.
- All events must have a contact telephone number in case we have questions.
- The number of times the announcement airs will vary, depending on the number of other events we are announcing during the same timpe period.
- If the announcement is submitted less than two weeks in advance, it is up to our discretion as to whether or not we will announce/post the event. The closer to the event the submission is, the more unlikely the event will be promoted.
- WOW® 90.9 reserves the right to edit all announcements or not to announce the event at all.
- Should you prefer to promote an event more often and you are a non-profit organization (a US IRS §501(c)(3) recognized public charity), then you are eligible to purchase announcements (air-time) at a special price from WOW® 90.9. Please contact us at 1-877-625-7317 for more information.
Please keep in mind that WOW® 90.9 wants to assist in promoting your event. The above guidelines make it easier for us to assists all the many different churches and organizations that ask for our assistance in promoting their events.
Concert and Larger EventsFor concerts and larger events, we have established a few guidelines to assist in planning your event and will help WOW®90.9 with the promotion of it. They are as follows:
- All concerts and larger event should be scheduled at least two months in advance, so that WOW® 90.9 will have adequate time to promote the event. Should an event be booked and WOW® 90.9 has it’s own event scheduled for the same time or around the same time (within three weeks), we reserve the right to promote our own event foremost. This is why we suggest that you check with WOW® 90.9 prior to booking a concert. We sincerely want to help in promoting all events and concerts, however, if you fail to contact us in advance, we might not be able to be as much assistance to you, if it conflicts with our own event.
- All events that have giveaways should be scheduled one month in advance. All giveaways must be in possession of station personnel at least one (1) week before the start of the giveaway and/or promotion is to start, unless other arrangements have been made.
- All information must be in writing and submitted at least one (1) month in advance. Telephone calls alone do not work...it must be in writing.
- Interviews must be scheduled two (2) weeks in advance.
- Remote broadcasts must be scheduled one (1) month in advance as well. This will ensure that we have staff available to be at the remote. Dates come on a first come, first serve basis. This is why it is important to call at least a month in advance. Please realize that we are not paid for remote broadcasts. We do these on our own time, because WOW® 90.9 wants to take an active roll in our communities. Thus, we reserve the right to decline participation for any event.
We are very excited about promoting events in our listening areas. The guidelines, as stated above, will ensure that we have plenty of time to help you let others know about your event. If the timelines cannot be met, we may not be able to help you, so please use this as a tool in the planning of all your events. Should you have any questions, please feel free to call and we will be more than happy to assist you.
Again, you may submit an event by entering your information here.